Private Lessons in Piano
Each lesson is tailored to the learner and conducted in a relaxed and professional environment, with a healthy dose of joy, fun, and creativity! I teach beginner and intermediate piano to students of any age.
You can have your lesson in the comfort of your home (East Village Residents), come to our home, or we can have a lesson online via Zoom!
Active students, sign in below! This is your hub for the schedule/calendar, assignments, links, music, and everything you need for your next lesson and beyond!
Prospective students, sign up below and I'll get back to you ASAP :)
(child email is optional)
- I believe first and foremost that learning can be a fun imaginative adventure. I believe that the joy and enthusiasm of learning and progress can be transmitted from teacher to student, and that it's reciprocal. I also believe that fun and games are not mutually exclusive with rigor and mastery.
- I believe that when we engage the imaginative capabilities of a student as part of the learning process, it can enhance motivation and accelerate progress.
- I believe in the importance of finding modern and relevant approaches to teaching though without completely disregarding older or traditional models of education, specifically musical education.
- My students will learn the fundamentals of playing the piano, including safe and healthy physical technique, reading music, ear-training, music theory and music history and appreciation by exploring the roots of western music history and notation, and then expanding beyond boundaries of music to study different musical genres and cultures, and traditions.
- Students will learn practice strategies along with performance preparation and execution.
- Students will learn how to conceptualize and monitor their progress in key aspects of the instrument and be proactive in their approach to achieving their goals.
- Students will learn collaboration and community building through group lessons, paired lessons, and special events (recitals, un-recitals, etc.) - currently in development for upcoming semesters.
I studied classical music privately for a decade + and have been playing for many many more. I combine my joy of creating music with my love and expertise in teaching. Besides providing private lessons, I've created music education programming at a summer camp for New York City youth and most recently held a guest teaching artist position in the Arts Department at Trinity-Pawling School in Pawling, NY. When I'm not teaching, I spend much of my time working as a professional actor on stages in and out of New York City. I currently teach from my home in Stuyvesant Town in the East Village.